Memoirs of a Chocolate

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Have you ever had a piece of chocolate and the memories and taste of that chocolate still lingers until today? As I can remember, the best ever chocolate experience I had was masa kecik2. My dad came home with a hamper full of chocolates and biscuits given to him during CNY by one of his Chinese friend. Masa dulu-dulu, time raya cina memang seronok. Coz we got lots of hampers. Nowadays, the only thing we always get are lokam and lokam ( at the office of coz... ha ha ha)

Back to the choc story tadi. I picked up a chocolate bar, with strawberry filling in it. Hrmm.. never tasted that before. During my time, the only chocolate yang kitorang slalu makan was Kandos ha ha ha.. Anyone remembered that? yer la coklat murahan...When I chew into that chocolate with the strawberry filling tu... errrmmmm..... the outer bar was a bit snappy.When it gets into my tongue, it melts.. Then came a slimy, creamy strawberry filing rushes into my mouth,it is liquid but not so liquid..( alaaa.. just like susu pekat like that) And its strawberry flavored... huhuhu.... arrrghhhh... sedapnyer... That was the only one time I had that chocolate. The chocolate is not sold anywhere in JB , KL or anywhere in Malaysia. My father's friend must have gotten that from overseas.

Until now, I remembered that experience. I do find some chocolates by Cadbury yang ada cream centers ni.. But too bad, the ingredients always had some bahan2 yang mencurigakan coz they aren't manufactured in Malaysia and of course no halal logo. Terketar gak bila pegang those chocolates... so tempting. Tapi tak apa la... Now I have found my own cream center recipes. Soon when I perfected my recipe, maybe I'll make it as one of my own HALAL cream centered chocolate.... But I'm afraid that even before I managed to sell it off, I might have chomped it all in my mouth. And another pest for my chocolate would be my kids. Geram bila tengok tetiba ada jer coklat yang kita buat tu hilang.. But then again... that's the joy. I hope they remembered and cherish every moment lavishing on my chocolates when they grow up....

0 comments: